Reviews of books, articles, and poetry written by or about ssbbw/bbw
Do you know of a book, article or poem that features ssbbw/bbw that you'd like us to review? Or perhaps you want to write a review yourself and see it in print! Or maybe you've written your own that you want us to showcase. Let us know at email@example.com.
Rethinking Wellness of Mind
Wellness of mind is a big deal yet difficult to achieve. The mind is a powerful tool. When kept under control, everything else falls into place.
Ever heard of "garbage in; garbage out?" What you feed yourself influences what you say and how you act.
As adults, stress is always lurking around the corner. After one struggle, there's another. Whether it's work or love related, body shaming, self-love, lack of activity, loss of a loved one, etc.
No matter how bad it gets though, you have the power to determine what you perceive in each situation. You can learn to control your mind.
Below are ten quotes, meditations, and affirmations to help you in difficult times and teach you to make the most out of what life hands us - good and bad.
- "You, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - Buddha.
- "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself." - Harvey Fierstein.
- "Be yourself - not your idea of what you think somebody else's idea of yourself should be." - Henry David Thoreau.
- "Would you have a great empire? Rule over yourself." - Publius Syrus
- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Edward J. Stieglitz
- "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius
- "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves." - Buddha
- "Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - Andre Gide
- "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
It is not enough to "just" know these quotes. Pause and reflect on the words and what they mean to you in your current circumstance.
Churn the words over and over in your head. Think about them. This helps you internalize them, and they begin to pop up in your head when you need them.
If you're good at worrying, meditation is even easier. Replace worrying over bad outcomes with these positive quotes and visualizing positive results.
Speak things into existence. Keep saying it till it becomes a part of your reality.
Print the words and paste it somewhere you can see it often - on your mirror, your bathroom, your door, your desktop.
Put a lot more effort into keeping your mind sane. Block out all forms of negativity. Surround yourself with positivity and love, and if you're ever in doubt refer to the first quote.
Submitted by: Kelechi
"May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!"
"We peer so suspiciously at each other that we cannot see that we Canadians are standing on the mountaintop of human wealth, freedom and privilege."