FASHION / BEAUTY
Fashion/Beauty information for SSBBWs/BBWs
Do you know of a great store or website that sells clothing for SSBBW or a beauty produce that you'd like us to review? Or perhaps you want to write a review yourself and see it in print! Let us know at email@example.com
Best Online Shops for Gals with Big Feet
For most women, shoe shopping is an exciting experience. Shoes look good no matter what you just ate, and you can never have too many pairs. But for women who have big feet, shoe-shopping can be a never-ending nightmare.
These ladies have it tough. Most shoe companies don't go bigger than a size 10 (or 11, if you're lucky) or medium width (or wide if you're lucky), and shoes in these sizes sell out in a flash!
Nordstrom and Zappos.com are a few of the mega stores that carry shoes north of size 10. However, there are also other good companies that pride themselves on catering to women with extended-size feet almost exclusively.
Here's a list of some of them.
- Nordstrom: This is probably the best online site for extended sizes. They carry a variety of brands and go up to a size 14.
- Zappos: There is always something for everyone here. And they even go up to a women's size 20!
- Stuart Weitzman: These shoes can get pricey! They go up to a size 12 and run in narrow, medium and wide widths. They are also very comfortable and of good quality.
- Net-A-Porter: The shoes offered here can be very expensive but if you're craving Gucci booties or Lanvin flats in a size 42, this is one of the few spots where you'll find them.
- Dillard's: Not only does Dillard's offer affordable shoes in large sizes, but they also go up to a size 12WW!
- Long Tall Sally: This entire site is dedicated to tall women, and their shoe section carries the trusted and affordable brands you love, including Nine West and Sam Edelman.
Having limited options, missing out on being able to exchange shoes with friends, and constantly having to hear "We can order it for you" are just some of the pain women with larger feet have to deal with, unfortunately.
I hope this list plays a part in to alleviating the pain a bit. Remember this quote on the tough days - "If your hair is done properly and you're wearing good shoes, you can get away with anything!" -Iris Apfel
Written by: Kelechi Udoagwu
Fat Positive Blogs
Blogs are a wonderful source of information. I have found them to be a useful Fat resource, especially when it comes to body positivity and fatshion. It is so helpful to see what clothes look like on bodies that are shaped like ours. It is also helpful to know that there are others out there who have the same life struggles that we have. You might get a different perspective on how to deal with things, based on the experiences of others.
I recently joined a group of plus size bloggers. We are taking one fashion topic a month and doing a blog hop. Our first topic was leggings. We all did a blog about it, linked our blogs, and published them at the same time. It is so great to see the many different ways an item can be worn on a fat person, from smaller plus to super plus.
Here is a link to my blog. In it, you will find the links to all the other blogs.
Here is a list of some fat positive blogs that might help you on your journey:
"They hover as a cloud of witnesses above this Nation."
"The pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts... nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving."