|Lobster Ceviche Avocado Bowls|
2 ripe avocados
8 oz imitation lobster meat (or the seafood of our choice)
3 types of onions, diced (1/3 of a yellow onion, 1/3 of a red onion, A stack 5-6 green onions)
1/3 of yellow pepper, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 tomato, diced **
1 cilantro stack, minced
4 limes (juice)
1 lemon (juice)salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together imitation lobster meat, onions, peppers, celery, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover, place in refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Half avocados and remove pit.
4. Fill avocado halves with lobster mixture and serve!
|Port and Thyme Chicken Liver Pate |
1 lb chicken livers
2 shallots, chopped
1/2 cup port wine
4 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons duck fat or butter
salt + black pepper
1. In a saute pan, sweat the shallots in 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat until soft?about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. In the same pan, heat up a tablespoon of oil and once the oil is sizzling, saute the chicken livers. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes.
3. Add the shallot mixture, stir, and add the port.
4. Let it reduce until you have a thick sauce.
5. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
6. Transfer everything to a food processor and add the duck fat (or butter). Whizz until smooth.
7. Line a mold with plastic wrap and pour the mixture in. Seal it with the plastic.
*Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
|Risotto Allo Zafferano (Saffron Risotto) |
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
2 t Olive Oil
400 g Aborio rice
3 litres Stock (homemade preferrable)
2 t Zafferano (Saffron) powder or 1 t Saffron strands
Sea Salt, to taste
1 T Butter
60 g Parmesan, grated
1. In a large, deep saucepan over a medium to low heat, fry the onion in the heated olive oil until transparent.
2. Add the rice and stir to coat well. Add the hot stock, one ladle at a time, allowing the liquid to be absorbed after each addition and stirring frequently.
3. Continue in this way until the rice is tender and falls off a spoon heavily - this should take approximately 20 minutes.
4. Add the saffron and season with salt. If desired, stir in a large tablespoon of butter, then serve scattered with a generous handful of Parmesan.
Cook's note: The risotto is best served all'onda (soft, not dry) as it continues to cook after being removed from the heat.
Garnish with edible gold leaf if required. Ensure it is edible, 22-carat gold leaf.
|Pizza with Smoked Salmon and Caviar (Lumpfish caviar)
Pizza Dough Ingredients and Preparation:
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup of Greek or natural yogurt
extra flour for dusting the board
In a bowl, combine the flour and yoghurt and bring together to form a ball. Turn out onto a floured board to knead and roll. Knead for 5-8 minutes. Roll into a pizza shape and add toppings.
Chili and Garlic Oil Ingredients and Preparation:
1 whole head garlic (about 2 ? ounces, cloves separated and peeled)
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
In a small saucepan, combine the garlic cloves and olive oil. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to maintain a bare simmer and cook until the garlic turns golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Keep a close watch: If the garlic gets too dark, the oil will have a bitter taste. Let the oil cool, then stir in the red pepper flakes. Leave at room temperature for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend. Strain the oil into a clean glass container, cover, and refrigerate.
Dill Cream Ingredient and Preparation:
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. plus 2 1/2 tsp. Sour Cream
2 1/2 tsp. Minced shallots
1/2 Tbsp. Fresh dill leaves, chopped
1/2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp. Freshly ground white pepperIn a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
2 Tbsp. Chili and Garlic Oil
1/2 tsp. thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup Dill Cream
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced smoked salmon
2 tsp. chopped fresh chives
2 Tbsp. Lumpfish Caviar
1. Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500?F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll out the dough into an 8- inch circle, with the outer edge a little thicker than the inner circle.
3. Brush the dough with the oil and arrange the onions over the pizza.
4. Slide a pizza paddle or rimless baking sheet under the pizza and then slide the pizza onto the pizza stone. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
5. With the pizza paddle or a large spatula, carefully remove the pizza from the oven and set it on a cutting board. 6. Use a knife, an icing spatula, or the back of a spoon to spread the Dill Cream over the inner circle. Arrange the slices of salmon so that they cover the entire pizza, slightly overlapping the raised rim.
7. Sprinkle the chopped chives over the salmon. Using a pizza cutter or a large sharp knife, cut the pizza into four or six slices.
8. Spoon a little caviar in the center of each slice. Serve immediately.
|Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt
1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, cut in half
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon truffle salt
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish and toss with the truffle salt. Garnish with chopped parsley.