FASHION / BEAUTY
Fashion/Beauty information for SSBBWs/BBWs
Do you know of a great store or website that sells clothing for SSBBW or a beauty produce that you'd like us to review? Or perhaps you want to write a review yourself and see it in print! Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
As we approach the holiday season, you might be looking for interesting and unique items for yourself or for others. When I am on the hunt for something different, Etsy is my first stop. In case you aren't familiar, Etsy is a collection of online shops with handmade and/or vintage items. I love the shop local/shop independent side of Etsy. It is a way to support artists and crafters who are doing what they love.
I put a call out to some fabulous plus size babes that I know. I wanted to know stores that carry plus size items and/or stores that have a plus size owner. The following are some of the shops that were shared with me.
Plus Size Fashion:
- Ali Buttons Designs' biggest goal is to help women of all sizes feel beautiful. She specializes in plus size skirts in unique and colorful patterns.
- ALLIHALLA - swimwear, bike shorts, leggings, underwear in custom sizes.
- Ananya does custom skirts and dresses.
- Knickerocker - super cute handmade lingerie, panties, and bras. She will do custom sizes.
- Platipuses - Plus Size Love.
- Ready to Stare is a brand of handmade statement jewelry and plus size apparel. Ready to Stare is designed for people who believe in following their passion, loving themselves and inspiring others to do the same.
- TootSweetSkirts is a homemade skirt shop. Waist sizes go to 55, but she also does custom.
Plus size owners (who might also carry plus size styles):
- catcancraft offers handmade and vintage jewelry, accessories, and more.
- EILH makes horror, retro and psycho Inspired Accessories.
- Malina has a few different shops: JustDangles, PinnedAndSewn, and EarthenElement.
- Opulentoddities has one of a kind and small batch handmade jewelry featuring antique found objects, organic gemstones, ethically sourced findings + oddities. Mysterious jewelry inspired by the esoteric + occult.
- Self Expression is a shop where you can find unique and fun items that make perfect little-something-extra gifts for all occasions!
- Whimsy Beading - Handmade beadweaving jewelry, plus size to petite with Swarovski crystals, pearls, and sterling silver. Modern, Victorian, Steampunk, Bridal, Bridesmaid, Mother's Jewelry and more. Customize your own birthday, anniversary, holiday and wedding gifts. Whimsy Beading DOES NOT use any products from Hobby Lobby in creating any jewelry piece sold.
Written by: Nikki Langston
Fat Positive Blogs
Blogs are a wonderful source of information. I have found them to be a useful Fat resource, especially when it comes to body positivity and fatshion. It is so helpful to see what clothes look like on bodies that are shaped like ours. It is also helpful to know that there are others out there who have the same life struggles that we have. You might get a different perspective on how to deal with things, based on the experiences of others. SSBBW mag has a blog section. If you haven't checked it out, you should! SSBBW Magazine Blogs
I recently joined a group of plus size bloggers. We are taking one fashion topic a month and doing a blog hop. Our first topic was leggings. We all did a blog about it, linked our blogs, and published them at the same time. It is so great to see the many different ways an item can be worn on a fat person, from smaller plus to super plus.
Here is a link to my blog. In it, you will find the links to all the other blogs.
Here is a list of some fat positive blogs that might help you on your journey:
I know there are plenty more. I would love to hear about blogs you visit on a regular basis! Email me! <3
Written by: Nikki Langston
"One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."