FASHION / BEAUTY
Fashion/Beauty information for SSBBWs/BBWs
Do you know of a great store or website that sells clothing for SSBBW or a beauty produce that you'd like us to review? Or perhaps you want to write a review yourself and see it in print! Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving and Receiving
Since this is the season of giving, I thought I would write about donating clothing or places to find clothing, if you are in need. It seems whenever there is a natural disaster in my area, many people ask me for clothing. Hurricane Katrina is an example. I was living in Houston, TX at the time. There were many displaced folks from New Orleans in my area. Several friends contacted me about donating any clothing I could spare. There were many clothing drives with lots of clothes donated, but very few plus sizes. From everything I have read and experienced, plus size is always in demand. Most likely because we all hold onto our clothes for as long as we can because things are hard to find and they are more expensive than clothes for the average size woman.
If you do have things you would like to donate or are in need of clothes, call around in your area. You can always ask about availability of plus size clothes. Some places to try:
- Normal donations spots like Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.
- Local churches take donations and also have clothing available for those in need.
- Women's shelters also accept donations and will give out clothing.
- Word of mouth through friends and family as well as any local BBW group. Several of my local BBW groups have had clothing swaps.
- Anything that was left in the end usually ended up being donated.
- Another place to try if you have clothes to donate is health and human services. Many in home caregivers have asked for plus size clothes for their clients.
Hope this helps and I hope that all of you have a safe, warm, healthy, and happy holiday season.
As always, if you have any questions, things you want to know about, article ideas, etc., please email me: email@example.com.
Written by: Nikki Langston
"On Hanukkah, the first dark night,
"Only in souls the Christ is brought to birth,