FASHION / BEAUTY
Information about stores that cater to SSBBW/BBW
Do you know of a great store or website that sells clothing for SSBBW that you'd like us to review? Or perhaps you want to write a review yourself and see it in print! Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was around for The Muppets the first time and I am so happy to see them back in the spotlight for the release of their new movie on November 23, 2011. Not only are The Muppets positive and fun, there is a chubby sex symbol among them!!!
What can I say about this style icon Miss Piggy? There is so much. I loved Miss Piggy when I was a little girl. I wanted to be her. I kinda looked like her, as far as the chubby part goes. She was so put together, so confident, and she went after what she wanted (Kermit The Frog) even when she was repeatedly told no. When there isn’t any actual person that looks like you, that you can look up to, you have to take your heroes and role models where you can….even in a silly pig puppet in high heels, lipstick, and a wig! There are so many lessons to be learned from her: important life lessons and beauty lessons. She has a photo shoot and interview in the November issue of InStyle Magazine. Here is her tongue in cheek list of style commandments:
- Style is about expressing your inner self, capturing your personal ethos, and, most importantly, spending someone else’s money.
- Being stylish means constantly maintaining your image, updating your look, and destroying old photos that show you with big hair and wearing spandex.
- Always, always dress for yourself. Otherwise, it gets way too crowded in the dressing room.
- Clothes are like friends: They should always compliment your appearance.
- Beauty is all about loving who you are. And if you have problems with that, may I suggest that you try loving who I am?
OPI has also teamed together with The Muppets and created a fun nail polish line. I love all the colors and want to try every single on of them. My first purchase has been “Excuse Moi!”, a pink/glittery concoction. I love the way it looks on my nails. My one complaint is that it does chip easily. I think this is due to the large pieces of glitter in the polish. This hasn’t stopped me from wearing it, though. I just keep the bottle in my purse for quick fixes. Here is a view of 4 of the colors from the line.
Written by: Nikki Langston
Is there something you'd like to see here? Let us know on the forums.
|"On Hanukkah, the first dark night,
Light yourself a candle bright.
I'll you, if you will me invite
To dance within that gentle light."
|"Only in souls the Christ is brought to birth,
And there He lives and dies."