AN SSBBWs WORLD
Information and rants about living in the real world as anSSBBW
As SSBBWs, we live in a world built for smaller people. Each day we face challenges to fit in, or even to just fit. While education and information are powerful tools, our best resource is each other. Let us know your tips or rants about this subject at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ever wondered what it’s like to be large in a small-minded world? Or are you large and wondering if you are the only one who thinks as you do? Well, read on …
Restaurants - when a friend or business acquaintance says “let’s go out for lunch (or dinner)” the worry starts …
- will the restaurant have booths or tables? (I can’t fit in a booth)
- will the chairs have arms? will there be chairs without arms? (arms on chairs could be a tight fit - I’ve actually gotten bruises on my thighs from sitting in a chair with arms)
- is it buffet or service? if buffet - is there room between tables for me to move without disturbing other diners?
- parking - is the parking close or am I gonna have to walk a few blocks
- stairs - will there be stairs? some places have the bathrooms in the basement - although in this day and age establishments are supposed to have handicap accesible bathrooms (wheelchair) which means at least some option on main floor or elevator
- the stalls in public bathrooms are tiny!! I have to straddle the toilet seat in order to get the door closed sometimes
And of course there is always the snickering and staring from people. I guess they think we don’t have feelings or they just don’t care. I try to get back at them and look at them with the same look of disgust they have on their face. It makes them feel uncomfortable.